Employment at HomeWorks
At HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative, we constantly seek to bring energy, comfort, and communications solutions to our member-owners and customers, to enhance their quality of life. We develop and reward employees who help meet our goals, and we embody the cooperative principles as we work with our partners to fulfill our mission.
In our culture, we like to try out new ideas and maintain a learning environment. We promote and maintain a safe workplace, encourage leadership and cross-training, and we’re a fun place to work.
Some history: HomeWorks Tri-County Electric Cooperative has brought electric service to mid-Michigan since 1937. More recently, we have provided propane and high speed satellite internet services to our area. The mission of our 74 full-time and 4 part-time employees, along with our board of directors, is to provide our member-owners and customers with energy, comfort, and communications solutions that will enhance their quality of life.
Our reputation for reliability and outstanding customer service is based 80 years of employees committed to building a safe, reliable, customer-friendly utility. Our customer satisfaction scores reflect that, as we perform at the top of our industry in regular surveys. And as a part-owner of Wolverine Power Cooperative, we are one of Michigan’s #RenewableEnergyLeaders.
Our main office and an operations center are located just west of Portland; we have a second office and operations center at Blanchard. We currently deliver reliable electricity to families and businesses in parts of 13 mid-Michigan counties. Our Tri-County Electric People Fund has returned over $2 million to families and organizations in need across our service area, with funds donated by members who round up their monthly electric bills. We also took part in Michigan’s Partners for Power program in 2015, sending linemen to a remote mountain village in Guatemala to help the village bring electricity to their homes.
We currently have one open position:
Customer Service Representative at Portland
Apply by April 24
Job Title: Customer Service Representative Location: Portland Office
This position acts as a liaison and provides product/services information to our electric members. The position is also responsible for providing outstanding customer service and resolves members concerns.
- Assists electric customers with questions regarding their accounts, transfers of electric service, usage concerns and payment arrangements.
- Answers incoming phone calls in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner ensuring that calls are properly completed.
- Calls customers regarding delinquent accounts, assists with payment arrangements or works with management on electric meter removals.
- Assists propane customer service with call overflow.
- Become familiar with and adhere to Cooperative policies; it is understood that where policy and job description are in disagreement, policy shall prevail.
- Participates in programs for improvement of job knowledge and skill.
- Understands and personally performs all duties in accordance with applicable safety and Cooperative policy manuals, as well as reports hazardous conditions and needed maintenance in the office.
- Maintains desk and surrounding area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Maintains proper use and care of office equipment and reports any equipment working improperly or in need of repair.
- Processes account receivable revenue and adjustments.
- Maintains a file and prepares billing for accounts that require special attention so that the customers are billed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Promotes HomeWorks subsidiary businesses.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in business are preferred but not required.
- Two years of experience in customer service.
- Two years of experience in general office work.
- Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to perform these skills under pressure, asking the appropriate questions to solve customer problems.
- Must have superior communication skills with the ability to learn attentively, sense vocal elements, understand cultural sensitivities, and defuse challenging customer behavior.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume and cover letters by Tuesday, 4/24/2018 to:
Angel McCliggott, Human Resource Specialist- firstname.lastname@example.org