People Fund Makes Seven Grants Totaling $11,987 in December
The Tri-County Electric People Fund approved seven grants at their December 20 meeting, including:
- $2,100 to Gratiot County Commission on Aging, to provide mobile ramps for senior homes;
- $1,500 to Ionia County YMCA, to purchase water safety equipment for the 3rd grade, senior, and special needs water safety programs;
- $1,000 to Sunny Crest Youth Ranch in Sunfield as a matching grant toward a wood shop dust collection system;
- $2,500 to an Isabella County family, for housing expenses;
- $600 to an Isabella County family, to help with housing expenses;
- $2,500 to a Montcalm County family, to help put in a new well; and
- $1,787 to another Isabella County family, to assist with furnace repairs.
How to Apply for a Tri-County Electric People Fund Grant
The Tri-County Electric People Fund provides grants to individuals and organizations in the co-op's service area for food, shelter, clothing, health, and other humane needs, or for programs or services that benefit a significant segment of a community.
Write to 7973 E. Grand River Avenue, Portland, MI. 48875, for an application form and grant guidelines, or visit the People Fund tab at homeworks.org.
Note: Applications must be received by Jan. 15 for the January board meeting, and by Feb. 26 for the March board meeting.